Saturday, August 11, 2012

New Ride and Road Ready

Nearly road ready! Posters to Atlantic Canada, Quebec, and Ontario shipped this morning- another cool design by Wendy Walker, nicely printed by DPI Graphics, Mississauga, ON. The "Blues Emergency" poster may be a little wild for some folks... but c'mon, loosen up- have fun with us! Posters to most western destinations will ship in about ten days.

Practically speaking the Tour is now all but sold out. All the prime nights are booked in the Maritimes, where I'll be conducting mostly solo operations through New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island. Most of the non-prime dates are booked, too. I've got a bunch of Mondays and Tuesdays to spend visiting friends, trail and road running, writing and recording. Joe Murphy will join me for at least one show on the eastern leg- the Spitfire Arms in Windsor, NS.

Of course the virtual office never shuts down, so the big push here is to bind and print the Tour Book schedules over the next couple of weeks. It all resides in the laptop, but the Tour Book is the hard, reference copy of everything. It rides up front in the Lincoln. The Excel spreadsheets also keep the whole thing spinning... hopefully they'll be happy sheets with happy numbers.

By the way, here's a pic of the new Lincoln, me, and the Dark Angel Duolian. We're all on our way to being road ready. The Lincoln gets a tint job and a diagnostic next week, the Angel gets (probably) a new, slimline pick-up, I get minor dental surgery and a new pair of Mizuno runners. What's not to like about that? I'd really like to find an appropriate Calton case for this guitar. One of those nice, Alberta made ones. If somebody has one, and isn't touring it, I'll buy it. Meanwhile, the Lincoln provides pretty good protection. This tour will be over 30,000 km by land. The Lincoln Cartier is not so much a big car as it is a small house.

Morgan Davis will, of course, join the Tour in Winnipeg, in early October, for about six weeks of the Tour. This portion is also all but sold out. I think we've only got about four days down over the six weeks. I'm really looking forward to this, and I think it's going to be a fantastic little run. It's the backbone of the Tour, the heart of the thing. Doc and MD. The Blues Emergency...  I can't believe we couldn't give this show away in either Salmon Arm or Medicine Hat! When Morgan departs in mid-November to do a Home Routes series, I'll be turning the Lincoln around for another loop around western Canada. I've got my sights set on those towns again. I'm now booking dates into December. I don't know what the total number of shows will be yet- more than eighty, less than one hundred... We deliberately passed on Vancouver, Toronto, and Montreal this year. The time and expense of promoting the show in those markets was simply not viable in the context of the national tour.

Speculation as to whether I should mount the speaker horns inside the power trunk lid of the Lincoln? I don't know if I can carry the custom install this season...

Hey, I'm just so looking forward to getting this big tour rolling again- I just wanted to check in and let everyone know that the wheels are turning.


No comments:

Post a Comment